Frequently Asked Questions
(01) About the WSSI Web App
No, the WSSI Web App is not a traditional application that you download from a “Store,” It is a modern Progressive Web App that runs in a web browser – in a very similar way to a website. The WSSI Web App can be “installed” on your device by simply using your web browser to access wssi.jp, then creating an icon on your smartphone’s phone screen. This WSSI icon will allow you to access the WSSI Web App directly.
Please note that Web Apps are fairly new and Apple iOS (iPhones) do not fully have built-in support for them as certain features are not yet available (mainly flight-mode) but complete support will come in the next iOS upgrades according to Apple.
For instructions on how to create an icon on your home screen, please see the questions titled “How do I add the “WSSI Web App” to my iPhone/Smartphone/PC?”
1. Open Safari and navigate to wssi.jp.
2. Once the site loads, tap on the share icon (square with an arrow pointing up) in the bottom menu bar.
3. An options popup modal appears, tap on “Add to Home Screen”.
4. Another popup appears asking to confirm the App details, tap on “Add”.
5. A WSSI icon will appear on your home screen. Ready!
1. Open Chrome and navigate to wssi.jp.
2. Once the site loads, tap on the browser menu (3 dots or lines – may vary depending on your Android version), then tap on “Add to Home screen”.
3. A popup modal appears with the WSSI Web App details, tap on “Add”.
4. A WSSI icon will appear on your home screen. Ready!
Very simple! On IOS (iPhone/iPad), just tap and hold the WSSI Web App icon on your home screen to select. Click on the “x” to remove the icon.
On Android, tap while dragging the WSSI Web App icon to the trash-bin or to the “X” on the top of the screen.
The “WSSI Web App” is currently also available in Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Traditional Chinese. More languages will come soon.
You need an internet connected device such as a personal computer, tablet or smartphone, and to be running a modern web browser.
(02) About the WSSI Video Library
The WSSI’s Video Library has been created and is streamed to our users in the best possible HD video quality, therefore an Internet connection is necessary.
A Full Membership is necessary to access The Sushi Skills Bible.
Our video library’s main language is English however subtitles are available in English, Spanish and Traditional Chinese. New subtitle languages will be added based on our members’ demand.
(03) About the WSSI Memberships
You can verify your membership details such as your current plan, expiration date, etc. under the Members Menu – Your Member’s Details.
(04) About My Page
Yes! My Page section is public so anyone can browse through the listings.
(05) About the Chefsbook Forum
There is no need to register. When you become a WSSI member, you are automatically provided access to the Chefsbook forum. Please find the link to the forum in the Members menu section of the WSSI Web App.
No, the Chefsbook forum is for members only.
(06) Contact us
Please email us directly at [email protected]